I am a post-doctoral researcher (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at the Institute of Philosophy of the University of Hamburg, affiliated to Benjamin Schnieder’s Phlox-Group. I mainly work on grounding and non-causal explanation. In addition to that, I have a strong interest in the history and philosophy of logic, in particular in the work of Bernard Bolzano. Before joining the Institute of Philosophy in Hamburg, I held a post-doctoral scholarship at the KNU-Hamburg. Earlier, I worked as Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter of Thomas Spitzley at the Institute of Philosophy of the University of Duisburg-Essen (2013-2014). From 2009 to 2013 I was a PhD-researcher at the VU University Amsterdam as part of the ERC-Project “Tarski’s Revolution: A New History”, led by Arianna Betti. I obtained the PhD with a thesis on Bolzano’s theory of grounding (contact me, if you want to read it). During my PhD-Studies I spent some time at UC Berkeley under the supervision of Paolo Mancosu. My undergraduate studies were at the University of Duisburg-Essen, where I obtained a Magister Artium in Philosophy and Communication Sciences in 2008.
- (201X) “Bolzano and Kim on Grounding and Unification“, Synthese online first. (DOI:10.1007/s11229-017-1593-7)
- (201X) “Grounding and the Explanatory Role of Generalizations“, Philosophical Studies, online first. (DOI :10.1007/s11098-017-0946-x)
- (2017) Bolzano’s Conception of Grounding. Frankfurt am Main: Klostermann. (Book ca. 270pp)
- (2017) “Difference-Making Grounds“, Philosophical Studies 174(5): 1191–1215 (w/ Stephan Krämer)
- (2016) “Simplicity and Economy in Bolzano’s Theory of Grounding“, Journal of the History of Philosophy 54(3), pp. 469-496 (w/ Antje Rumberg)
- (2015) “A Note on the Logic of Worldly Ground“, Thought 4(1), pp. 59-68. (w/ Stephan Krämer)
- (2014) “Bolzano on Necessary Existence“, Archiv für Geschichte der Philosophie 96(3), pp. 320–359. (w/ Paul Rusnock)
- (2014) “The Transition from Formula-Centered to Concept-Centered Analysis. Bolzano’s Purely Analytic Proof as a Case Study”. Philosophia Scientiae, 18(1), pp. 113-129. (w/ Iris Loeb)
- (2013) A priori Knowledge in Bolzano. Conceptual Truths and Judgements, in M. van der Schaar (hg.): Judgement and the Epistemic Foundation of Logic (Series: Logic, Epistemology and the Unity of Science), Springer, pp. 101-130.